10) You walk in, walk out, and leave your work exactly where it should be. Where, exactly, should your work be? I’m glad you asked. The answer is surprisingly simple. Work should be on your desk. (Not in your handbag to read and grade over dinner, not in your head to think about in the shower, not scribbled in your fieldwork notebook to type up at some ungodly hour of the morning. Work does not belong in these places. Work. Belongs. On. Your. Desk.)
9) There are office morning teas.
8) There are office afternoon teas.
7) There are office lunches.
6) There is office birthday cake.
5) You will have lovely coworkers who make sure you are looked after on your first day at work.
4) You will have lovely coworkers who change sections two weeks into your job (sadface) and let you have their old desk with incredible views of Black Mountain (so much happyface).
3) You will discover that you still have the magic when it comes to difficult key stakeholder phone calls. The perfect persuasive phone purr? A definite office asset.
2) Casual Friday.
1) You get to go for walks to and from the printer, pretending you are Joan from Mad Men.