Monday, May 30, 2011

The Power of Madonna

Down? Troubled? Approaching a milestone or an exciting new phase in your life?

I’ve got two words to say to you:

Fashion.

Montage.

Oh yes.

Inspired by film sequences where characters progress through a range of spectacular outfits to an empowering soundtrack, I decided it was time to go through my wardrobes – as in, take all clothes out, dump clothes bed, try clothes on, strut, place clothes back in wardrobes in neat and orderly fashion, select and recombine combinations of clothing for job interviews in upcoming weeks. All whilst listening to two rotations of Madonna’s The Immaculate Collection.

Some eerie synchronicity between my try-ons and The Immaculate Collection:

My favorite duck-egg-blue summer party frock…and Cherish, my favorite of Madonna’s summer-y love songs. Just had to twirl.

A suit jacket, bra, and scary stomach holding in bike shorts…and Express Yourself. I kid you not, I didn’t intentionally recreate The Madg’s costume for that clip. I was just checking the jacket still fitted – promise!

Orange smock top and loose skirt…and Papa Don’t Preach – frightening.

But, most portentously, the perfect job interview dress and cardigan… and Vogue!

I needed no further prompting that this was the outfit I was meant to wear, as I vogued to the music in my bedroom. And I reminded myself that I deserve the power of Madonna - we all deserve the power of Madonna – and the power of a great interview outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always glad to hear your thoughts...