Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe

I’ve had a rather embarrassing song stuck in my head for the last couple of days. It’s Barry White, and ‘Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe’.

Why is it always guilty musical pleasures that get stuck in your head, and not something legitimately cool? This, and other mysteries, I will have to ponder further and get back to you. For now, though, in an attempt to exorcise the disco classic from my brain, here’s some things I Can’t Get Enough of, Babe.

Layered Tights: It’s so close to warm weather here in Canberra, I’m loathe to buy new pantyhose, which means that I’m wearing tights that ought to have been retired to light duties three weeks ago. The nifty solution? Layering lace or mesh tights over a pair of opaques. The lace or mesh overlay obscures the worst of the holes, and the interplay of colourful tights peeking through black lace is a nifty way of dressing up an otherwise plain ‘teaching day’ outfit.

Bananas: Bananas, I’ve missed you. Luckily, you have finally come down to something I can (just) justify - $8.99 per kilo at my local grocers!

The Panics: Now, this is the kind of music I wish would stick in my head a little more than tacktastic disco. Their latest album is rocking my world particularly hard right now.

Crazy Cat Names: It’s a family tradition that cats get slightly whacky names. My brother’s cat’s full title is Jethro Francis Patrick Anthony Margret (he’s a special boy). If things go as well as I hope they will, I may find myself adopting a cat for myself in the next little while. Which means it’s time to work on whacky cat names. Current favorites are Ferdinand, Henrietta, Vincent, Dwight or Bettina. Or possibly all of them at once. Thoughts?


‘The Tudors’, Specifically the Duke of Suffolk and His Amazing Beard
: Mimi Goss leant me her DVDs of all four seasons of The Tudors. It’s seriously addictive television. Particularly when Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, grows a beard in Season Four. Google pictures to understand why. I promise it’s worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Yay a kitty! Great names- we had a Maxamillion Von Pussycatt (Max) when I was growing up. Can I suggest Lady Henrietta Bettina Felina?

    I know what you mean about crazy songs. I have woken up singing the theme from Lazy Town every morning this week- if you don't know it- don't search for it- it's evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i won't search for it, but it's horrible when you have a song stuck in your head, isn't it??

    I love love love those cat names - a nice rhyme there too! Excellent suggestions :)

    Ps we found one of Annie's cars in our apartment! Name a time and a place for a catch up so I can return it to her (it was a red one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- half her toys are all over Canberra!

    Are you free next week at all? I'd love a catch up with you! I work Tuesdays and Thursdays, but otherwise I'm pretty free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hows about we aim for next Friday? I'll inbox you early next week with times and locations :)

    and i think it's a good sign that you're raising a daughter who is so good at sharing her toys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to hear your thoughts...